- Recoup the improper payments noted in the review.
- Notify physicians to exercise reasonable diligence to identify, report and return any overpayments where the facet guidance is not been followed. (Yes, they are putting the responsibility on the providers.)
- Provide specific training on the billing of facet joint injections.
Ask the following questions about your practice
- When was your last evaluation of medical direction?
- Did it include both documentation and a concurrency review?
- When was your last focused review of facet procedures?
- Did it meet all documentation requirements?
If you had a lot of unknown answers to those questions, it is time to call us! ACE is available to help with reviews. Not only can we provide the review, but we also have specific education for the providers that will help document your compliance efforts. Give us a call, we are here to help!